Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 22: Undies, a special Aunt/Sister, and being a mom



My little boy is turning into a Blondie. When he was first born wouldn't couldn't believe his dark hair but it is changing and falling out. In this picture he was changing the channel to ESPN, there is no hope for me when it comes to watching the cooking channel, Matt, Ange, and Mason veto me.





A few weeks ago my beautiful girlfriend from college, Ruthie, had her baby shower. It was a gorgeous shower for one truly hot pregnant lady. Our friend Kai (from Alaska) made her a quilt (in two weeks time) and sent it to me to bring as a surprise. This Ruthie reading her card.





They are doing a Safari theme in their nursery and this quilt will go beautifully. Kai you rock!


The mines girls in attendance. Katie (expecting in early September), me (not expecting but still trying to get it off:), Ruthie (due in June), Kathryn (please get pregnant soon:), and Abby (I will give you a few years). It was a nice day and I always enjoy seeing my girlfriends. I can not wait for baby Jack to join the crew in June, Mason needs a buddy.











We have had some warm weather recently and though we have AC we don't usually run it until we get a steady stream of warm days. So we have been letting our baby boy go diaper only....he is a huge fan of being naked. Aren't they all?




Cade,Emily, and Keegan moved back to the Denver area (finally) and we are so glad. Emily is moving along with her pregnancy and entering that ever so awful last trimester. But I do have to say she wear pregnancy so well.

They came over on this hot day and Keegan decided he and Mason would only rock limited attire.






When you wear Hulk underwear you have to be strong...look at those HUGE muscles.




And if you want to go outside just throw on some shoes. (Our decks look horrible, we will be painting them soon or I should say Matt will be:)


Random side note but I love these next pics. Last week Matt checked out a new hike from our house and this is the view of our lovely town. You can see the flatirons off in the distance and it is especially gorgeous right now with all the moisture we have been getting.










My walking trail.

Miss Angela turned 19 on the 11th. It is crazy to think I met her when she was only 12. Ange don't kill me for the picture but you were so cute and now you are just a hotty.


(Mines football game 6 years ago)


In the years I have know Angela she has become my sister and close friend. This past year of her living with us has sealed the bond even more. She is everything I want in a sister; kind, funny, always willing to listen, honest, and loving. We love you and feel so blessed to have you in our lives!



Saturday we headed north to celebrate Ange's birthday and Mothers day with family. Mason rolled around and made every one giggle as usual.



Grandma feed him peaches and pears.




Mason stared at GG Larry. Mason was thinking "Hey we have the same amount of hair up top:)"
It was a lovely Saturday and it was fun to celebrate being a mom with my wonderful mother-in-law and grandma-in law. They are great mom's and have helped mold my husband into the man he is today, Thank you.
Sunday we joined my family for brunch. I guess this was the only picture we took but its very befitting of my mom. Its mother's day but she brings presents for the boys and Emily and I:) My mom means more to me than I could ever put down in words but she is my best friend. She has taught me how to be a mom, a friend, and a wife. She is the hardest working person I have ever met and the most loving. I know god blessed me when he decided she would be my mom and I thank him for that.
My first mother's day was very nice. Matt and Mason bought some lovely jewlery and they let me sleep in! I love being a mom to Mason.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of the pictures Micah! Looks like you guys had a great Mother's Day! Mason is adorable, and you're a great mom!

Lee said...

Yay... nice long post, I love it! Great pictures!!! HAPPY BELATED MOTHERS DAY TO YOU, YOUR MOM AND EMILY!!! Love you guys!

Kels

Kate and David said...

Love the Pictures =)Looks like you guys had a great Mothers Day! Happy 1st Mothers Day. Everyone is having babies all around the same time, it's fun to see all the different stages!
Love you guys bunches!

Anonymous said...

Probably your best post so far haha! Only kidding. I miss you three so much! I'm so lucky to have you guys in my life :) Talk to you soon. Love you!

-Angela