Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week 40: Stoked its September!!!

We kicked off the holiday weekend on Thursday evening with a family dinner on Clear Creek in Golden.




Cade and Cormic or "bean" as they have nick named him had some cuddle time.



Grandpa got some bean time as well.



Keegan is becoming a big boy now, always making us laugh. If he does something wrong he instantanly says "it was an accident."




The restaurant is hit or miss for food but the location is great because not only is it close to home but there is a nice play area for kids nearby. Keegan doesn't need slides when he can get his shoulder dislocated by his dad and grandpa?




Friday night Mason and I headed downtown to an art show (Matt needed to study for the PE exam he is taking in October.) The first Friday of every month the "Santa Fe" district in Denver opens the galleries for the evening. Mason's care taker, Marilyn, had some of her art on display and we were excited to go and support her. The painting in the upper right corner is Mason when he was about 3 months old.


I have to say we are so blessed to have found Marilyn. Mason loves her and she loves him. The peace of mind I have every time I leave Mason with her (2 x a week) is so comforting. She is a wonderful mom and grandma and we know she will be a part of our lives for a long time.


My good buddy Josh met us there as well. He usually has a lot more hair but he shaved it to support a good friend who has breast cancer. I think the new look scared Mason.





This is what a 9 month old does in an art gallery.



Where's Mason?




Here I am.







"Sorry fellow art viewers just letting my kid play with curtains and eat cheerios, you are welcome to some if you like."







Mason also spent time with one of his favorite people, Hillary. She is Marilyn's youngest daughter and quite the sweet heart.
The night was fun. We enjoyed all the art and mingling.



Saturday night I headed out on the town solo to have dinner with Wes and Amanda, it was suppose to be a girl's dinner but we felt bad for Wes so we let him stay for Sushi. This was some killer sushi and great company. These two our getting ready to tie the knot on the 18th and we are so excited for them!
We wrapped up the weekend with some much needed downtime. We cleaned the house, set up a new craft area for me, took some walks, I cooked and of course we spent time with our favorite baby in the whole world.
I have to report that the crib transition was much easier than I thought. The first night I slept in there on the floor. I had a feeling that moving him was going to be harder on me than it was him and I was right. I cried really hard that night, can you imagine how I will act when I send him to his first day of school? Anyways, he woke one time the first night and cried on and off for an hour. I sat in the hall crying. I kept telling myself if he cried for 5 minutes straight I would go in there and comfort him but he would only cry for a minute or two and than stop. It seemed to make it worse if he saw me so I just hung in the hall until he fell asleep.
The next night I slept in our bed and he slept through the night. We are now on night 10 of successful sleeping. I feel human again, having our bed back is amazing.
Life is full of amazing blessings and these our two of mine.

1 comment:

tke967 said...

The family looks good! glad all is well!