Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Heat wave

After seeing a FB status posted by my cousin Katie "stating it was a 111 in the southern California desert" I feel like a real wimp saying its been HOT:) But the middle 90's seem like a real scorcher to me, especially in early June. So what do you do when god turns up the heat?

You get naked....Friday evening the whole family hung out on the deck naked...just kidding. We just let our kid do that.

Have you meet our son Claus? Matt and I kid that some ancient German stock genes combined to form Mason. The kid loves to power lift things and when he is angry he has to lift or throw something. So we use our best Arnold accent (I know he is not German) and we joke with each other...this helps us get through the stressful moments of parenting.

Why are all these normal activities so much cuter when he doesn't have clothes on?


And when do kids realize their reflection is their reflection? Mason sees himself and says "Hi Me" and than he throws the ball to his reflection. He also kisses his reflection, we are big on self love in this house.

On a side note: as a mom who is only 18 months into this parenting thing I have to reflect on something and laugh. Your child's stats! When he was baby I felt this was something that defined who Mason was and you post every one of them on your blog and tell people..."Ya my son is in the 90th percentile for weight" like its telling people "Mason just got into Harvard."
So with that said I am not posting this current stat for a bragging reason but more as a record because I am sure I will misplace that little post-it the doctor gives me and when he is older I will want to remember this for some odd reason.

He was in the 95th percentile for height at his 18 month which means he going to Harvard:). Like I said ancient German stock. We love you Claus...I mean Mason.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Oh cute lil naky butt baby... not baby anymore though huh?!? Can you believe our little ones are already 16 and 18 months old... CRAZY!

You don't have to pretend that you all don't hang out naked in the backyard... what? That's not normal? j.k. =)

Love you guys!