Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Swallow, gulp, I'm 31!

I had no problem with turning 30 but for some reason this birthday hit me a little different. I have come to peace with my new age by telling myself I really feel 28 and praying I will feel that way for a while.

I had a wonderful, special, family filled birthday...just the way I like them. My husband arranged for Nick and Angie to watch the little guy so we could have dinner out at Cafe Prague! You two are the best!
The food was delicious. He also surprised me with some lovely earrings, a departure from his usual yoga pant and back-pack purchases! I love them! He had Mason bring them to me and my card. Mason said "Happy Birthday" and my heart exploded into a million pieces.

Saturday we headed to the mountains! My Fisher boy was eagerly awaiting our arrival.

Its hard to get Mason inside at my mom and dad's. This is my attempt at capturing a moment...I use to walk this trail to the barn every morning and night to feed our horses. I have many memories of heading out in the dark and my dad saying "Watch out for bears!" he is a kidder like that but really was that safe to send their only daughter out there?

Mason was disappointed that Papa had winterized the basketball pad. "Ball no bounce!"

Good thing the swings still work in the snow! Though the structural integrity of this swing set is in question.

My beautiful mother, thanks for still making my birthdays special and for being my best friend and mom! I love you! Oh yeah and why did you let me start drinking at 3?

Can you see the chocolate dog? My Hunter boy who Mason calls Nee Nee, hmmm.

 Never to old for balloons.

And fun gifts like an Ipad. Spoiled, yes I am.

Why is my son out in 20 degree weather with no shoes, coat or hat on. Who is in charge around here?

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the picture above. I liked this picture in a sepia tone, pure class!

Fish face.

Fish face in his hidding place.

Papa giving Mason a hard time, its a right of passage in the Armstead family.


Papa pretending like he is Mason.
Mason is very protective of his B (Blanket) and we all tease him about it. Poor kid.

Making "nakes" with Papa.

Toasted Almond cake ala Mom.

and chocolate covered strawberries.

And a 31 year old who still doesn't know how to handle her wine...oops!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Great post Micah... EVERY TIME you post pictures of your mom and dad's house makes me want to rush out there and get some great hugs from all you guys!
Earrings and ipad... awoohoo!! If Mason is anything like Karly he is going to LOVE that ipad =/
A very happy birthday to you cousin! MISS YOU GUYS!

Love,
US

p.s. I am feeling wonderful... thanks for asking on my last post! Two days til we find out what the little sucker is... can't wait =)

Kate and David said...

Happy be-lated birthday Micah!!! Looks like you had a wonderful time, family food and SNOW!....chocolate covered strawberries are a must and that cake was beautiful...very Aunt Cathy-esk! YUM! We love you bunches and are so thankful you are in our family. Give everyone hugs and kisses from us. Especially that cute little Mason =) Miss you ALL!

PS....it's never too early for wine ;)