Thursday, July 5, 2012

7 months and 80 years young

Its hard to believe 10 weeks from today (when this picture was taken) Max will be arriving. I am huge, I just have to accept that is how I do pregnancy:-) I feel good. I am sleeping well. I am working out. I am getting indigestion every now and than. I am swelling every now and than. The heat is not my favorite but honestly it hasn't been unbearable. So the next 10 weeks are like doing any long workout...a marathon if you will and that requires mental toughness to get your body through...so here we go 3rd Tri, Lets do this!

We decided to host Grandma Bert's 80th at our house on June 16th and I knew I would be tired after all the GO GO it takes to throw a party this size. I was seriously wiped the next day....that is one thing that frustrates me about pregnancy:-) Thank God for my Sister in Law Angie and Aunt MJ and of course the guys (Matt, Nick and Uncle Charlie)...we worked our tails off and the party was a hit. 

It was a neighborhood event! People who have know G and G for 30+ years. It warms my heart to think of all the people who came to share in her day. People bringing delicious food to accompanying all the food we already had...people sharing stories of the house we live in and childhood friends of Grandma's sharing bits and pieces of a young girl we never knew. It brought us back to a simpler time that we don't see a lot these days...and reminded us again how blessed we are to live in our own personal "Mayberry!"

Here are a few photos from the day.
 
I made this guy from Martha Stewart template

and hung a series of photos and quotes over the buffet line

Angie and Nick made a special Summer Beer...I hear it was delish

I made some sugary treats. I have finally found a seriously good chocolate cake recipe and I like Barefoot contessa's white cake in the box so I made cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Whole foods made some fun sugar cookies. Our neighbors, The Lufts, made homemade ice cream.

Friends, neighbors, and family

Husbands of 60+ years
furry kids

and the kiddos who call her GG

all came to celebrate this beautiful lady (right)! She has touched so many lives in her 80 years with her loving and wild spirit...we are so thankful to God for giving us our sweet Bertie Jean!

2 comments:

Lee said...

What a beautiful post... sounds like you threw a wonderful party for a wonderful lady!
I am so glad to hear you are feeling pretty good. The end of the pregnancy always truly feels like the last leg of a marathon... almost there!!! Can't wait to meet that Max!!!
LOVE YOU!!!

Kate and David said...

Looks like a fun and beautiful party!! I love all the details you put into it =)!!! How nice to have all the HOMEMADE goodies, THE BEST!!!! I can tell GG is one of a kind Grandma June type of spirit....I think I'd like this lady a lot!!! =) Happy 80 years young to her!

You look great in your pregnancy Micah! I can't believe it's almost time to meet Mr. Max, I bet Mason is getting so excited!!!! Hope the heat settles a bit for you in this last trimester marathon....YOU GOT THIS!!!! ;)
Love you all and miss you bunches!
Kate