Thursday, October 30, 2008

1 year anniversary and maybe 33 weeks maybe more???


A year ago(this past Monday) we were doing this and now we are anxiously counting the days until our home is filled with cries and giggles.

Our anniversary was nice, Matt sent me some beautiful flowers at work and than we headed out for a nice steak dinner that evening. I toasted with sprite and he with a beer, next year champagne:) When we got home we watched our wedding DVD and I cried and he sighed but we both felt warm thinking about how great that day and trip was. OK back to reality...

In the week since my last doctor's appointment things were going okay until Tuesday evening when the medicine just wasn't working and I got home from work and started to have some good contractions for a few hours. They continued most of yesterday but I fought threw it knowing that I had a doctor's appointment this morning.

My appointment was interesting. They did an ultrasound of Mason (I hadn't seen him since 21 weeks) and he is quite the big dude. Right now he is 20-inches and 6 lbs and some change. His head is so far down they couldn't get any pictures of his face but they did confirm he was a boy. There were definitely potatoes if you know what I mean:) The midwife and ultrasound tech think I am more in the 35 week range but my doctor won't budge on the due date? So who knows.....

I am 1 cm dilated and they agree that this baby is probably going to hang on 2 weeks more but definitely not to 40 weeks. He is healthy and I am too, other than the early labor, so lots to be thankful for.

I am still working but next week will be my last week until April. Matt and I both had a sad week at work. Due to the current economic uncertainties many of our clients are unable to get funding for their projects. My office laid off 10 people on Monday and Matt's laid off 5. We are very blessed we were not in that pool.

We will keep you posted!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you two! We had such a wonderful time at your wedding, we still talk about it all the time. Its our anniversary today... but I'm in class. We will celebrate on Saturday. - KV

Anonymous said...

Looks like I am copying you Micah! Ricky and I will be celebrating our 1st year anniversary with our little on still cooking too ;) Congratulations! I love that picture! I am so excited to see that cute little one real soon... you are in my prayers!
Love,
Ricky, Kelsie and Karly

The 4 Aguas! said...

Things are looking good! I hope the next bog shows us the sweet face of your new baby boy. I know you must be feeling SO READY by now. It is the "Okay, get this thing out of me!" stage. I am saying prayers for an easy labor and delivery. LOVE YOU LOTS!!
Tracy