Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week 29 almost 30, sorry no photos.

I can not believe it is October! I am huge but feeling very well and still loving being preggers. I am going to miss feeling him every day, even the good jabs that take your breath away for a minute! We finished all of the painting in Mason's room or I should say Matt did. So now comes the fun part, decorating. Photos to come in the next few weeks.



This Saturday we are attending an all day birthing class that is put on by our doctor's office. I am interested to see what it entails. I have been reading a lot about hospital births and quite a bit of the material is brutally honest about the downfalls to having a baby in a hospital. For example, their C-section and epistomy rates are very high and their drill Sargent attitudes about mothers remaining in bed and not giving you food and drink during labor. I am keeping an open mind but I also know we are in control of the situation and plan to make that very clear to our doctor. Of course in the case of an emergency you want the doctors to be in control and in reality the hospital is the safest place for baby but there is this part of me that knows women have been doing this for thousands of years and during a normal labor should be able to be free in the experience. Sorry to preach but I had no idea that this "institution" existed. If you are interested in a good book, Pushed by Jennifer Block has a lot of facts and statistics and is not all opinion.


On a lighter note, fall is in the air, though we have had seasonably high temperatures in the 80's! As a native Coloradan I know snow is in the very near future....I am so excited for that!


Matt and I have been working a lot, darn deadlines but we know this is just part of the beast. I am looking forward to December and the 4 months I am going to take off of my engineering work. I am excited for mommy work. We hope all of our family and friends are doing well and that the new season brings many blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope class was good... but spare me the details :) I'm not ready for that yet!! But I am ready to hold beautiful baby M.G.!!!-Kathryn

Kate and David said...

I like the new fall blog look! I am so ready for cooler weather too... we won't get as cold as you guys though, darn it! I can't wait to see pictures of the finished room! Hope you guys are doing well! Love Ya Bunches