Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Quick update: false hospital run

Lots of contractions yesterday. For three hours I had contractions about 3-5 minutes apart. I went for a walk to try and keep them going, ate some dinner and they stopped for a little bit but than they were back and more painful. I decided to call the doctor who encouraged us to come to the hospital. We packed all our stuff and headed out at 9:30. They checked me, still only 1 cm and my cervix is not effaced and was very posterior. They monitored me and of course the contractions stopped. So they sent us home. They told me to keep my doctor's appointment this morning. Not much to check at the doctor's appointment but the usual, at least Mason is doing great and I haven't gained any weight in the past 3 weeks:)

I guess I am one of those lucky people that will just have contractions for a while until my body and baby decide it is time.

Time to try and get a little shut eye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh MAN!!! I can't wait to hear that he is finally here!!! I know you can't wait either, but I guess it does not matter how much we all want to see his cute little face, it's still up to him and the Lord to decide when huh?!? HANG IN THERE! Love you and you are always in our prayers!

Kelsie

Kate and David said...

"Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming" I don't know if you've seen Finding Nemo, but Disney Movies just pop into my head =)...in other words, hang in there girl! Love you and praying for baby to be here soon!!

The 4 Aguas! said...

I love the room, especially the pictures:). I know you are more than ready to see that little guy--soon enough. Enjoy the quiet time with Matt right now and let God take care of the rest. Love you LOTS! Blessings and prayers for a speedy labor!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Gilbreath family!! Chris and I are sooooo excited to meet the newest member of the family! -Kathryn