Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 51: A very busy week

This past week was busy and exhausting, it was full of wonderful moments, sad moments, a LOT of cooking, and some stress. I am usually an eternal optimist but I am also human and the beginning of the holidays and Mason's first birthday have been bittersweet. I have taken a lot of time to talk to god and a lot of time just letting my heart miss Nancy. I believe and trust in his plan but sometimes you just want to ask "Why did it have to be now?"

A few weeks ago we were up at Steve and Nancy's for Sunday dinner and we were going through some drawers. Angela found a 1 year old birthday ribbon Nancy had bought for Mason to wear. This sent all of us into the tear works but later that night I sat and thanked god for letting us find that so Mason will have a physical piece of his grandma with him that day. I know how much she was looking forward to being there and she still was, just in a different way.



I can only begin to imagine how Steve and all the kids are feeling. I only knew Nancy for 7 years and yet her footprint is left on my heart for always.





SO I guess with all the craziness and my mind somewhere else, I forgot to catch a lot of pictures over the past week. Luckily their were other camera's around I can borrow from.

Here are some pictures we took at home.



Mason got to practice opening a birthday present this week from some friends who were unable to attend his party.

With a little help he did quite a good job!

Thanks Back Family, this toy is a hit!




Mason has some seriously crazy hair. It is curly in a lot of places and just wild in others. I am still pinching myself that he is ONE! That will be our next post once I go through the birthday photos.



Our yellow dog is sick:( Our Fisher boy was diagnosed a few weeks ago with MG, a neurological disease that has affected the muscles in his face. The nerves are not "firing" so the muscles are not being stimulated and therefore he has lost most of the muscle in his face. Luckily there are medicines that will help him regain some of the muscle and he will be able to live out his remaining years otherwise healthy. I am not ready to say goodbye so I was relieved that there was a way to help him.



The meds have had some fun side affects, like a lot pee and poop. Thus are carpets have taken a beating during the night hours. The upside is we are getting wood floors this week. My wonderful parents have offered to take them frequently to give us a break and to boost the dogs moral. My mom and dad are seriously awesome people.



They are family members and though my love for them is different than my love for Mason they are still a part of us.

1 comment:

Lee said...

I can't believe Mason is already one!!! THAT IS CRAZY! I am sure it has been a rough time with the holidays and such special times happening and missing someone who was so special to you guys...U are always in our prayers! And your puppy too... we too know how they are a part of the family...glad to hear you get to enjoy him for longer! We love you guys!!!!

Us