Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mr. Bossy pants sweet face question asker!

Why does Santa have eight reindeer? Why do snakes live in the ground? Why do some have rattles? Why do you have to stop at red lights? Why does my teacher call me Mace? Why do I have to go to school? Why are some girls mean? Why do some restraunts not have quarters? And on and on.....

Lately my days are filled up with hoards of questions and sometimes I just don't have the answer!

And my three year old is a back seat driver! "Mom if you don't stop at the red light and go at the green the police officer will write you a ticket!" or "Mom honk your horn at that guy he is a bad driver" You get the gist. Its a constant reminder that Mommy monkey do baby monkey do...I know thats not the saying but that is the saying for my situation.


Other days go like this:
"MOM please give me some privacy I am writting an e-mail" or "DAD I told you to color with the red crayon now!!!" Or "Mom can you get me peanut butter sandwhich NOW!"

We of course love this behavior and encourage more of it!!!


But than there are a lot of  moments like these; "I am going to read Hunter a story because he feels icky, if he throws up I will clean it up, don't worry Mom!" and all the kisses, snuggles and compliments.

I guess its the full spectrum that makes him, him and for that I am forever thankful.


Heard this lovely little number a few weeks back and it was perfect for the right now of life. Its on my playlist too!

Mindy Gledhill

© 2010 Blue Morph Music (BMI)

Little boy, when you speak
I can't help but kiss your cheeks
I love the way you grab my hands
And tell me all about your plans
Rocket high, comets fly
You and I could take a ride
And fly away to Neverland
And give our best to Peter Pan
When you reach for the stars
Don't forget who you are
And please don't turn around and grow up way too fast
See the sand in my grasp
From the first to the last
Every grain becomes a memory of the past
Oh, life's an hourglass
Life's an hourglass
Stories read, prayer is said
Close your eyes sleepyhead
While angels linger in your dreams
And hold you in their feathered wings
Just like you, I was small
Not that long ago at all
I wish you all the happiness
That God gives freely if you ask

No comments: