Monday, August 27, 2012

36w4d, a few of my favorite things, the nursery, the zoo and "our spiderman"

My iPhone is on the outs thus the photo quality is not too good BUT I am pretty sure even in this blurry pic you can tell I am HUGE!!! I still feel pretty good, getting uncomfortable as expected but all in all feeling well. I am almost 37 weeks...it has gone by so fast. He is still "very breech" to quote my Doctor...so I guess a C-section was inevitable.


This is silly but these are a few things I have Loved during my pregnancy...

Lemon Grass Spa products. This is a spa that is near my parents house that started to make all their own organic product line. My sister in law Angie gave me some of these baby items at my sprinkle (her best friend sells them if anyone wants some) and I have been using them on my belly and feet daily...I am so dry! I can't wait to try out the Baby line on Max.

The Boppy belly wedge....Great for the third Tri...I can not sleep without this thing. It takes all the belly weight off my hips and I love it!

Max's room...pretty simple little nursery that I decided to do in a "Colorado Whimsical Woodsy theme!" Say that 10x fast....
Its funny how this time around the layout of the room is entirely based on functionality. Wipes, hamper and diaper pail all at a fingers reach...

We did one accent wall in a "Colorado Sky Blue" and God bless IKEA for kids stuff because I love that I paid $12.99 for that rug.

Our MOD Owl sheets... and sheepskin tummy time mat.

We are planning to have Max sleep in our room for the first 4-6 months in an Arm's reach Co-sleeper. Love having baby close and with a C-section and nursing its a no brainer.

 We still have to get the art hung....
I love etsy.com and I found this adorable CO print at a local etsy shop...I am going to do some wall words around it that will read "Let him sleep, for when he wakes...He will move Mountains!"

And these cute graphics I found online and printed myself and framed






I love these fun little projects and this will probably be the only time my boys let me help decorate their rooms. Mason already has his new room planned out with of course....Spiderman.


Speaking of my little Spiderman, he and I ventured out to the new Denver Zoo Asian tropics. We had been waiting all summer to go. Kind of sad because we have a membership but with the heat and the crowds I decided to wait until school was back in session.

We did not escape the heat but this new section of the zoo was well worth the wait...

 Such a handsome kind hearted kid...its hard to believe he will be 4 in a few short months
This is the first time I didn't bring a stroller and probably the last for a while, since we will have an infant in toe.

The elephants were our highlight and its so fun that Mason loves learning about all the animals now instead of just running around like a wild Monkey. I really love the age he is at.


These last few weeks I have been trying to just live in the moment and truly take in ever last breath of him being my "only!" Every last breath of being pregnant...because I am not sure if there will be another. I am emotional and this is bittersweet. I am ready to meet our Max when he is and I know I will love him with the same fervor as I do his big brother. I do feel sad and guilty that my first born could be distant from me for a while, that our relationship is going to change. I know time will replace all those silly feelings but for now I am all sorts of emotions wrapped up into one big pregnant lady.

 
Our first pepper harvested from our modest garden.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Ok... FIRST... I need one of those belly boppy things before I have a third!!! Coolest thing I have ever seen... where did you get it?

Second... the quote you picked out is one of my favorites EVER!!! Good choice!!

Third... I completely understand the emotions you are feeling right now. I had the same exact feelings and I felt them all over again as I read your words. But all I can say (and I know you already know this) is that God gives us a heart that can hold Soooooo much and that feeling of all that Love it holds is the most AMAZING feeling ever!

So happy and excited for you Micah... you are an amazing Mama and Mason and Max are two of the luckiest boys in the world!

Kate and David said...

You look so cute Micah! Such a cute belly, I LOVE it! I also love the way Max's room is turing out! The animal prints are so cool! Very cute and such fun projects! The 'move mountains' quote was also one I found on pinterest...one of my favs! I had thought that when I have a little one I would like that quote somewhere, but who knows when that will be....we must be family! Great minds think a like ;). All your home projects are looking so great! Love you guys!