Thursday, March 6, 2008

Milking it for all its worth




Life has been really busy lately and I have not posted in a while. I am not sure where February went, but it was a wonderful month. We had a lot of gorgeous weather in Colorado, 70 degree days to boot. However, the magical thing about Colorado is one day you are in shorts and sandals, the next you wake up with 4-inches of fresh white stuff outside. This is how the past weekend went. We spent a wonderful Saturday with our family(which includes our fury kids). We woke up around 7 and hit the trail to take the dogs on a nice walk in Evergreen. Than Cade, Emily and our nephew Keegan stopped by and hung out. I am absolutely in love with my nephew, he is just the best. Of course every time he is around I tell the team Captain that I want to have babies. I know the timing is not quite yet but as I tell myself with all aspects of my life, it truly is in gods hands. So if god is ready for us to have beautitful babies I will open my arms to it fully.

Saturday evening we had dinner with new friends. It was a blast and we actually made it past 9:30. I forget what a blessing it is to meet new people and new things. Don't get me wrong we have some of the worlds greatest friends and we always like to catch up with them but sometimes they have heard all your crazy stories.

But that is not why I am writting this blog, the subject says "milking it for all its worth". Well on Sunday it snowed a lot and we hurried to go to the grocery store and get home, so we could cuddly in with a fire and stew. Well sometimes our plans just aren't meant to be. Matt was taking some sodas out to our garage fridge and he slipped on our porch. (slippers do not provide the appropriate traction) well his knee looked awful but he could walk on it. It was scratched and swollen. He really wanted to go to Urgent Care to get it checked out. This suprised me because he does not go to the doctor. Long Story short we spent part of our day finding out that my hubby had a bruised knee. The doc said to ice it and put it up for the day this meant I should put on apron and my best smile and serve him? Hmmm. not so much my plan for the day. I love to care take when people are sick or REALLY hurt but to be expected to wait on somebody...oops he married the wrong girl. I am really just venting because he knows me better than that but it did make me laugh that he thought I might fall for it.

1 comment:

Kate and David said...

Hi Micah and Matt,
Love the blog! You two seem like you are having a blast at married life =)
Hope to see you soon.
Love Ya