Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Week 16, no ultrasound

I thought we were having an ultra sound this morning but come to find out my insurance only allots for so many of them and 16 weeks is not one of them. We will have to wait until July 29th when we will find out if our baby is going to be a girl or boy. The appointment today was otherwise uneventful. We did get to hear the heartbeat, which sounded great. The doctor said everything is going extremely well. I was concerned about swelling because I can not get my rings on but my feet and face are not being affected. I have made the effort to reduce sodium and of course drink plenty of water but those rings won't fit. So to advert having my wedding ring cut off like my mom did while pregnant with me, I am going to leave them in our safe. I have gained 5 lbs and the doctor says I am right on track.

Overall things are moving along quite well. I have begun my nesting phase and been reorganizing our house for Angela and baby G. We have a few busy weeks ahead and we are really looking forward to spending time with friends and family. Matt, Fischer (my best friends little boy) and my Dad's birthdays fall in July along with one of my favorite holidays, the fourth. We are going to spend the fourth at our dear friends Trisha and Ryan's. I will do my best to get some good pictures posted on here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I can't wait to see you both!!
Love,
Trisha

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're feeling well. Makes the experience much more enjoyable. I guess we'll all just have to be patient to find out if you're having a boy or girl. I'm documenting the fact that my original guess was boy, but lately I've been thinking girl...just trying to cover the bases I suppose. Happy 4th if I don't talk to you tomorrow. (But we should talk tomorrow.)

The 4 Aguas! said...

It sounds like all is going well :). I never gained any weight until about my 6-7th month and then--watch out sister! One month I gained 10 pounds! I was like "NO WAY, TRY THAT AGAIN!" I can't wait to find out what you are having. Children are truly a gift from God. I don't know how anyone can look at the face of a child and NOT believe. We are not going to be able to make your Dad's party, but I am sure you probably knew that. You guys are going to have a blast! Blessings to all of you! Tell Matt to give that belly a kiss for me! Love you!
Tracy