Monday, February 16, 2009

11 weeks: art critic and mommy and daddy's valentine

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."
I am finally settling into being a mom. I have to admit in the beginning this was a shock to my system. I am speaking for Matt but I think his system was shocked as well. Now we are loving this wonderful and challenging job of parenting. It is hard to remember our lives prior to Mason. We are still amazed that we can stare at him and feel so much love, that his cries don't send us into a panic, his poopy diapers don't get as much reaction, and when you are away for him for any
amount of time (even 20 minutes) you miss him! But as we are learning there are many more challenging times ahead. Just when you think you have something figured out it changes again!
He is quite enamored with art and will let you know if he likes it or finds the work appalling. Grandma Cathy is showing him some beautiful bright colored paintings a friend of hers did for the grand kids room. He is impressed.

Friday the 13th was spent with friends and family at a restaurant in Denver called DUO. This is the same restaurant I went out for a girls evening a few weeks back. I loved it so much I had to return. However, it was past Mason's bedtime and he was not a happy camper at the end....so I stuck him in the MOBY. My friend Katie introduced me to the moby and lent me theirs. It is this awesome wrap that gets baby cozy and feeling secured to mom. When he is really upset it is a godsend.

Valentines was simple this year. I have never been a fan of the holiday because you should show the people you love that you love them everyday. So we celebrated with PF changs takeout and a movie. We all cuddled up on the couch and it was lovely.


Dad stop pinching me.



There's my feet, when do I get to use these things?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the update! Great pictures.- Kathryn

Lee said...

Ya those front carriers are way cool! My friend has one like the one you have, I got one too and Karly loves it... a little different from yours, but the same idea. You can get so much more done during the day huh?!? Love you guys!

US

p.s. we just got Masons announcements... SO CUTE! I have never seen one like that. Very creative. I loved it!