Monday, June 15, 2009

A special birthday girl

I am so blessed to have very special friends in my life. One of these special friends is my girlfriend Kathryn. She just celebrated her 30th birthday and I wanted to tell her "Happy Birthday! "

I have known Kathryn for over 10 years. We met at Mines and became close friends our junior year when we traveled to Vegas. She is such a vibrant and beautiful person. She is smart and witty. She is one of the few people I would travel cross country or to another country with. She loves to have fun. She is a foodie like me. She has great style. She is one of my favorite people.


I found a few old photos from our 20's (see below) and it made me think about how we have evolved from crazy and somewhat insecure college girls to professionals, moms, wives, and mature women (well most of the time).


I think 30 is going to be great because for me it seems like your 30's is your 20's glorified. Its your 20's without all the drama of friends and boyfriends. Yes. You have to workout a lot more if you eat pizza and drink beer and drinking does give you hangovers now but all in all you are confident in who you are, you do less stupid things, you have a steady paycheck, you have real friends and you can now look back at all those experiences in your 20's and say "those things made me who I am today."



Engineering Days 2001


Seattle Trip 2003 (odd pose)


Seattle 2003

Seattle 2003

Bachelorette Party 2007
Vail 2007: Winnings for guys to dance for me!
Wedding 2007
Here's to you Kathryn, looking forward to many years of friendship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet!!! Thank you!! Love you!-Kathryn