Monday, June 29, 2009

Week 29: somedays are just challenging

Right now I should be downtown having lunch with a group of my girlfriends. This was a lunch I suggested we have and that I would bring Mason too....well I guess my life no longer revolves around me.



Here is how our morning went:


6:30 Mason is up



7:00 Ingest large amount of coffee because I am exhausted from 7 months of not sleeping through the night:)



7:15 bottle for Mason



7:30 he is fussy. Need to get him in the stroller so I can workout and he can nap.



7:45 Hit the trail for a long run/walk



8:30 Witness a rattle snake eat a rat on the trail...had to mention this because it freaked me out! I start to sing Lion King, the circle of life. Mason falls asleep to block me out.



9:00 home, sit outside and stretch while throwing ball to dogs and letting Mason play in the grass



9:30 hit the shower, place Mason in his crib with some toys



9:35 Hurry and dry off because Mason is screaming at me LOUD.



9:40 He is rubbing his eyes and screaming, must be tired, Great he will nap and I can get ready



10:15 still awake and not happy, I have sung "you are my sunshine" 100 times and "itsy bitsy spider" 200 times



10:35 he falls asleep, Thank you god!



10:40 he wakes up screaming



10:45 he spits up a large amount on the only clean shirt I have for the lunch today, that's okay I am sure there is something in my dirty clothes pile that will work!



10:50 get him dressed while he protests loudly...the thought crosses my mind that I should cancel...nah he will be fine once I get him in the car.



10:55 I try to pull my hair up but it is one frizzy mess...oh well its clean.



11:00 He is grunting and trying to poop....Ah Ha this is why he is unhappy...poor guy.



11:14 He is still trying to poop and his face is bright red



11:15 I call Kathryn while Mason is crying in the background and say "sorry we won't be there, please tell everyone hello for me"



11:30 A massive blowout occurs...he smiles immediately.



12:15 he is sound asleep


And the best part...I wouldn't change it for the world.






1 comment:

Lee said...

WOW...what a morning :) I am so sorry you missed your lunch...but I am glad Mason boy is feeling better (slept great that day huh?) LOVE YOU GUYS!!