Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Week 26: 6 month checkup and crawling is just a matter of time



Has it really been 6 months? People aren't kidding when they tell you how quickly they grow up. Mason is growing like a weed, he grew 2.5 inches since the 4 month check up. So he is in the 90th percentile for height and 75th for weight




This is right before he decided the paper on the table should be ripped to shreds and tasted (every last piece of it). When our doctor came in she laughed at war zone and all the drool. The exam and shots went well and we feel very blessed to have a happy and healthy baby boy.






My two favorite guys.


We went to dinner at our friend Kathryn and Chris's house. They live near downtown denver and their backyard is ontop of their garage, such a cool design. Mason loved hanging in the grass with out any "dog bombs" to be wary of.


Kathryn showing Mason their lovely columbines. Dinner was delicious and the evening was relaxing. Thanks again for having us.




We took our crazy labs into Golden to Clear Creek and let them swim in the canal above the creek because the creek is more like a raging river at the moment.





Why do dogs ALWAYS have to shake near you?

I like your style Matt, some real show dogs you have:)




The new bridge over clear creek.








This past weekend we finally made it up to Cade and Emily's rental house in the mountains. They made us a delicious dinner. The house is really cool and the views are lovely. These are the stairs down from the driveway to the house....bringing in groceries will double as part of your daily workout.


The night before our dinner together Cade cut himself with the chainsaw. My mom called me about 7 to tell us she was heading to the hospital to meet Cade, Em, and Keegan because Cade had cut himself above the knee. My brother is slightly accident prone and before borowing my dad's saw my dad said " I'm a little nervous lending this to you, don't cut your leg off." Well he didn't cut it off thank goodness but he came darn close. Really God was watching out for him because when he showed us where it happened I am amazed he is alive.

Keegan had to show Mason his new room and let him play with his toys. He is such a nice cousin and Mason is totally intrigued with him. Keegan is a typical 3 year old, wants to play with everything and loves playing pretend. He also loves seeing himself on the digital camera after every picture you take and he wants to take pictures. I hesitantly gave in and let him take a few before wrestling him to get our not so cheap camera back which of course led to some tears. The next few pictures were taken by Keegan.




Mason gladly posed. (not a bad picture if you ask me)

Taking a picture of himself in his mirror.


Curious lil' monkey






Keegan was showing Mason where the monsters live, under the deck. Mason was only concerned with that ball.

The house also has a trampoline....what a great energy burner. Keegan showed me all his tricks and I taught him a few as well. The next day I couldn't move my neck very well and I remember that I am not 16 anymore and flips on trampolines might be a thing of the past.
We have the same camera as Kai and I finally asked her how to take color enhanced photos, where you single out one color and the rest is black and white. I had forgotten to take it out of this mode so that is why these look odd.

No comments: