Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Week 35 and 36: Is it really August?

I really don't know where summer goes. It always went fast when I was a kid and faster when I was in College but it seems to be moving at light speed now. I saw the back to school supplies on display at the grocery store and had to take a second look. I really love fall so I am excited for that but August is always bittersweet. Its like January for me.

I have taken up a new short lived obsession. I am an avid reader and I fell victim (no pun intended) to the Twilight Series. I am almost done with book 4 (the last of the series) which is a good thing because I stay up late reading them when I should be sleeping. I have been saying it a lot but I am in love with a 17 year old vampire and Matt is okay with that as long as he can love Heidi Klum. At least my love interest is fictional.

We have been trying to get in some hiking but the heat has made it difficult. We did have a cold front move through and we jumped at the opportunity to take one of our favorite hikes, Matthew Winters Trail, right by our house. This shot is from halfway up the trail.



I carried Mason for the first half of the hike (most of the up hill) not because Matt didn't offer but because I am on a weight loss crusade. It was nice to have Matt take the dogs because during the week I take all of them.



We took a quick break at the top and enjoyed the view. Its 918-vertical feet elevation change from the trail head to the top, which is a nice burn but not much compared to a lot of Colorado Hikes.



Of course I had to get some cheeky kisses before we could continue. I must kiss him a thousand times a day. I have to get as many as I can before he starts telling me "Mom not in front of my friends."



We also saw some wildlife, this buck was with his harem.






A silly self shot, kind of sweaty.







The view of the ever so famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre.

As we got back to the car a park ranger was hanging out, I said "lots of wildlife today" to which he replied "You didn't see any mountain lions did you?" I would hate to see one of those beautiful creatures face to face on the trail but from a far would be awesome.


We are not sure what Fisher did on the hike but he took this black line home with him, it took a few days to disappear.


We also had some family visit this past weekend. Uncle Nick and Aunt Angie (I no its not official but that is what I am calling her.)



We headed into Golden and ate at Grappa on Clear Creek.



After lunch we let Mason boogie down on the table, ya I am that parent.



It was a lovely afternoon and we had a nice time catching up. We miss you guys, move home NOW!!!

No comments: