Monday, April 11, 2011

What's cookin' good lookin'

Mason is bonkers about cooking.

and once you let them help you once

they want to help you every time

So I just set up a "safe" station

while he explores I can do the other cooking!

His current favorite is lemon with sugar! Ha!

Note to Self: I need to order some kid cooking items for his Easter basket. 

I know there are a million blogs about cooking but this recipe for "Jalapeno Thingies" by the Pioneer Woman is worth blogging about.

 I make these frequently when we have guests over and they are devoured.

Here is the link:

She details it quite well on her blog.
The only changes I make is adding some cheddar. I do some with just Cheddar for my husband that doesn't like "creamy" things (man is he missing out) and some combo. I also do them in the oven on broil instead of a grill. I place them on a lined cookie sheet on a cookie rack, so all the grease can drain off.

 Also we tried them on a burger (suggestion by our friend Chris Valdez) and they were delish!

Just wanted to share. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Lee said...

That IS one good lookin little cook! =) Tell him I will be thinking of what I want him to cook me when he comes to visit soon! =) LOVE YOU GUYS!!!