Thursday, August 18, 2011

.......And we're back, time to get caught up on this here blog!

Matt and I have dubbed July 2011 the most intense month of our lives BUT ten days in Hawaii can fix, pretty much anything. We are on the other side and feeling a little more normal.

I have SOOOO many pictures I want to share so we will start with a little in this entry and see if I can keep up in the next few weeks.

With Emily and the boys in town for the month of June and first week of July we got to have some much needed cousin time before the Hawaii trip.
The tattoo brothers came over for play time
And we headed to the mountains too.

Cormic is a "spit fire," aren't most two year olds? He and Mason seem to get on each other's nerves quickly, Cormic's defense mechanism...biting. Mason's is slugging. Fun times! They are only eight months apart and someday they will be buds, I just know it.

Keegan is now 5. He is smart and sweet (with a little attitude.) I can not believe he starts Kindergarten in a few weeks.

Mason adores his cousins (for the most part) but he is not especially fond of sharing "his Papa!"

Papa's favorite things; My mom, my dog, my son and nephews, the rest of us...possibly in that order.

Cormic turned two on July 9th, we got to celebrate early in conjunction with the 4th of July.
My mother, who always means well, thinks birthday means presents for everyone. I am sure Keegan and Mason were just as excited for Cormic's birthday as he was.


 
The day was lovely, it always is at 268 Spring Drive. We had lots of outdoor play.

Endless un-wanted water fights

and yard work carried out by our child labor force

some hammock time

and of course CARS cupcakes...how else would we compensate them for all their hard work?

I love this picture because Mason could not resist sneaking a taste before the candles were blow out.

Cormic seriously got down on this monster cupcake.
Happy Birthday big guy, you are one sweet blessing we could not imagine our lives without you. 
We love you!
We ended the evening with fireworks, or should I say sparklers and smoke bombs. Its fire season so you have to improvise. I did sing "Proud to be an American" which I think was a nice addition to the evening.

No comments: