Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Sisters" and Kenny

I love Kenny Chesney's Music.
When I was getting ready to turn 30 I told Angela "my only birthday wish is to see Kenny live!"

That didn't happen because he took some time off of touring.

When I found out he was coming to Red Rocks this summer I was elated. The first show sold out in minutes, they opened a second show. It sold out in minutes. I didn't get tickets in time, I was bummed. I heard they had decided to do a third show so I contacted a high school friend who does country music reviews, she set me up with a ticket code to buy tickets a half hour before they opened to the public on the StubHub.com.

I GOT THREE TICKETS!

 And who better to take with you?


Than both of your Ang's, that also love country and Kenny!

It was going to be a girls night!

We got dressed for fun, had some pre-concert drinks and headed out in the pouring rain to Red Rocks. Did I say pouring rain? I mean full out thunderstorm rain, but we didn't care we were going to see Kenny live at Red Rocks (best venue EVER). 

We reached the ticket entrance and the ticket guy scanned my tickets and told me "These were for Wednesday's show." It was Friday, the last show of his Denver tour. I freaked out. I even pulled the cry routine. He still didn't let us in. We tried another entrance and the box office. No hope. I felt so stupid for not checking the tickets, something I would usually do. I felt so let down because life was insane at the moment and I had wanted this break for one night.
So my girls took me out drinking at the Rockrest (an old college hangout). We sat in this old dive bar booth talking and drinking for hours. We had rain soaked hair and smeared makeup. We ate bar food, greasy yummy bar food that we would never eat otherwise.

The night turned out perfect because of these two!

Someday I will see Kenny, mark my word!

1 comment:

Lee said...

awwww Micah... that SUCKS... I am soooooo sorry you missed your night with Kenny! I KNOW YOU WILL GET TO SEE HIM SOON! I would have brought out the cry fest too, a planned girls night out not going to the way you thought =( Sounds like it still turned out fun though! Love you!!!

Kels