Monday, August 22, 2011

Matt turns 30 and the end of an era

 I had been going back and fourth about doing something for Matt's 30th!

He turned 30 on 7.7.11!

With our house on the market I initially wasn't up for having a party there but at the end of June our house went under contract, so I decided to do something at the Entrada house. It could be our Entrada farewell party too!
As we all know, I am crazy, and I love throwing parties!

For Matt's I decided a "baseball" theme. I didn't get as many picture as I had intended. 

We had a small but lovely crowd of family and close friends.

and it gave us all time to say goodbye to a house that holds a lot of memories

My two photo models.

Cerbs found the perfect birthday present for Matt, kind of an inside joke.
Snickers and Cherry Coke were Matt's food staples while playing baseball in Europe with Cerbo. 
Matt tends to be a "safe" eater or as I refer to him, picky.

We had some good BBQ grub

Got some great snuggle time with Thea (my mom is aching for a granddaughter.)

Played some ol' classics in the garage and combo'd it with some bad parenting.

Don't worry we didn't let him drink the beer.

I was on my A game for about 15-minutes until I had to call in a sub because Angie needed help staging an intervention for Nick.

You see Nick has a thing for meat, especially grilled meat. Poor guy, his fiance had to find him huddled in a corner eating bratwurst.

Sorry I digress.....

Happy Birthday to the love of my life. Its hard to believe its almost been 9 years since I met you. You are looking good for thirty..... 
mature, wise, and smarter than you were at 21.

and you even have a "mini" you that hopefully some day we will celebrate 30 with!

*These are just sneak peak of some Hawaii pictures

2 comments:

Kate and David said...

Happy Birthday to Matt! Looks like it was a fun get together! =) Hope your move and the new house is going good. Can't wait to see pics and hear about your trip to Hawaii!

PS. Sorry about your Kenny night, bum deal. But hey sometimes when things don't go as planned it just makes for a good story. You have to hear about our house warming craziness =). (same kind of thing, bum deal but good story I guess)

Lee said...

OK... that last picture is AWESOME! Can't wait to see more!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT... Ricky will be joining you in the big 3-0 here in about a month and me in May =) Micah the party looked like it turned out cute and looks like you guys had a great time. Hope moving is going smoothly...We want to come visit once you get all settled! =) LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
US

PS... is it too funny that my blog background looks kind of like CO and yours is beachy CA =/