Friday, March 16, 2012

3 months down

I decided for this pregnancy I am going to do a month to month recap/photo. Every week isn't going to happen, which brings me to the topic of second babies. We were just at my sister-in-laws house for her first born's 16th! She has some lovely photo books of him through the years. I asked her if she had done this for subsequent children and she laughed, nope!

So I am going to try to do sweet baby #2 justice but I am not promising anything.

12 week Ultra sound, all is good in my hood. Baby was moving and stretching a lot. The sound of that sweet heartbeat did a number on me just like it had with Mason.  For those Old Wives tale believers, baby's heartbeat was 158 and anything over 140 is believed to be a girl. No scientific evidence supporting this.
At 3 months, I feel:
  • Elated to have another baby and every baby I see makes me more excited to do this again.
  • A little guilty that my one-on-one with Mason will no longer be, its hard to imagine loving another baby as much as I do him.
  • Fat but finally starting to look pregnant (which is a lot earlier this time!)
  • Turned off by almost every food except eggs, toast, oatmeal, and grapefruit.
  • I feel different than with Mason, with Mason I threw up a bit and the worst symptoms I had were carpel tunnel and swelling (which REALLY SUCKED). Those happened later in my pregnancy so we will see. With this baby I have a lot more of the common pregnancy symptoms. My boobs hurt, I am exhausted, sick to my stomach, and have frequent headaches. I feel best from 10-2 every day and when I am exercising. As I start the second tri I am hoping a lot of those will go away.


At 3 months Mason feels:
  • Excited to have "his baby" who he refers to as "she" most of the time.
  • Has named "his baby"; Ostrich Hawk, Allan, Baby T-rex, and Wolly. We are leaning towards Ostrich Hawk.
  • He asks a lot of baby questions. We struggle to answer with truth without saying too much. One of those questions involved how long I would be at the hospital after the baby came out? We told him a couple of nights. Now he tells me "Mom my feelings are hurt because I will really miss you when you stay at the hospital overnight without me!"
  • He is convinced I will feed the baby from my belly button and has tried more than once to get a swig for himself...awkward. Looks like I have some breastfeeding discussions in my near future!
                                  
At 3 months Matt feels:


  • Like this isn't his first rodeo, so he knows how to just love me and let me be.
  • Doesn't care if its a boy or girl but if he could choose he would like a girl.
  • Likes having a designated driver on the rare occasion we go out.
  • Won't rub my feet but gives one hell of a back massage.

1 comment:

Lee said...

YA! I promised myself I was going to make sure and be good about not favoring the first child... I think I have done ok so far, but it is really IMPOSSIBLE =/ But you will probably do a pretty darn good job!=)
You are looking great! And can't wait to talk to that sweet baby in your tummy when in a few weeks and give my Mason Boy a HUGE hug!
LOVE YOU!