Monday, May 28, 2012

Part 2:A day at the beach and time on the Banning Bench


After we left Mickey's house we headed south to Coronado.

On the way we stopped a few times. Once to view the Marines loading a Ship via helicopter

and another to gain some family history on my Mom's side.

My Mom's grandparents lived in Encinitas when it was a sleepy farming community and she has always told us great memories of her times here as a kid...it was really fun to see that the "Stone Steps" they helped build and lived next to were still there.

This would have been their front yard...but of course the simple house that once stood there was replaced by a million dollar home. After a major meltdown from Mason we decided it was time to get to the beach.

The long car ride paired with two non-stop days at Disney made Mason's other personality come out...My Dad calls him
It was chilly in San Diego but that doesn't stop us Colorado kids from dipping out toes in the Big Blue.

The boys felt creative too and whipped up a little Sand Castle

Impressive huh :-)???

Our overnight beach stay was a little too short but we soaked up every minute we could. I highly recommend the Hotel Coronado if you are headed to the San Diego area. Lots of history, great cuisine, and nice accommodations.

To wrap up our Cali trip we headed where "California home" has always been for us...The Banning Bench.
We were so excited to see our cousins after a few days apart...

These two didn't stop moving and did pretty well sharing and playing together!

We are always spoiled with yummy food and the first night my Cousin Kelsie and her Hubby Ricky fixed a huge Mexican spread, it was so delish. She is one Rocking Momma that doesn't skip a beat...love you Kels!

My Dad getting some June Bug loves

and of course S'mores

and shots...I have one fun awesome fun Irish Family.

Our last day there...we did it again. Grandma June's traditions being carried on through the generations, Chocolate Cream Pie YUM! The secret is in the crust.

Non Stop fun for the kids...

And more food and drink...Kate and David hosted at their house just a few minutes away from where my Grandparents and Aunts have built a Homestead. Their home is beautiful and I am sad I forgot my camera that evening to get more than just this pic from my phone. Good thing my cousins are photo bugs so I can still theirs.
We had an awesome Cali trip as usual and love seeing ALL of our family! Thank you Thank you. Can't wait to do it again, soon please.

No comments: