Wednesday, June 4, 2008

week 12 ultrasound

We had our 12 week ultrasound yesterday, all is well with Baby G. Matt went with me. He had been with me at 6 weeks when they did one in the ER (I had some bleeding) but you could not see any detail at that time. At my week 8 Matt had work commitments so my mom went with me but this time he was able to go and thought it was amazing. The pictures did not turn out as well as the images we could see on the screen.

Our baby is an active one, jumping everywhere. The doctor said that is great and that Baby G is building muscle. This appointment was for Down Syndrome and Spinal Bifida screening. They do blood work and measure a skin flap on the back of baby's neck, through ultra-sound imaging. The doctor said everything looked great. We have a second screening at 16 weeks. These screenings are optional and I decided to do them because there are a lot of other things they can tell about your pregnancy through the ultrasounds and blood work, like how your labor will go if there are any concerns. PLUS any chance I get to see the little one I will jump at.

In this picture its hands are near its face, baby is measuring at 3-inches from head to toe. The heartbeat was good, 154 bpm. She could get quite a bit detail of the babies face and I swore I could see Matt's ears and my brother's nose. I know a lot will change but it was really cool.

I lost 5 lbs since my last weigh in but the doctor is not worried at all (that is what happens when you can't keep much down). So our next appointment is July 1st (16 week) and the appointment after that we will be able to tell the gender. Despite the not feeling well this is such an amazing experience and I am so excited to be a Mom!

1 comment:

Kate and David said...

This is too cool Micah! I am so happy to hear that the baby is healthy and active =)....hope you start to feel better soon, poor thing! How exciting is it that you and Kels are going through this experience around the same time, crazy?!? No more losing weight ok...you know our family loves the chubbie cold choppies on all the babies =)! Glad to hear everything is going well, Love You Bunches!