Wednesday, May 28, 2008

week 11; Graduation and memorial day

Well Ms. Angela is officially a high school graduate. Matt and I headed up north the Friday afternoon before to help get ready for the big celebration. We created a video for Angela (15 minutes) of her with friends and family throughout the years. We watched it about 40 times in addition to the number of times we watched it while making it. It was a hit! A tear jerker! And hopefully something she will treasure, it was really fun to make.




This is a T-shirt quilt her mom and Cathy (family friend) made her. What a great gift!


The BBQ on Saturday was a lot of fun. We caught up with family and friends and watched all the young high school graduates. College really was some of the best years and I felt such an excitement for them as they embark on this really fun time in there lives.



Nick and Angela



Matt and Angela

Sunday we planted and we went up to my parents for dinner and Monday was spent doing house stuff. The four day week was a treat.


To wrap up week 11 we had dinner with our friends Kathryn, Trisha, and Traci and their husbands. Traci and Jason (her husband) were in town from Washington and it was great to see her (MOVE HOME TRACI)! We all met at Kathryn and Chris's house and walked down to a fun district called Highlands for dinner. On our walk back after dinner, all of us girls were trailing behind the guys catching up on life when a group of girls in a jeep pulled up to the guys. They asked if we were their girlfriends to which Trisha's husband Ryan stated "No, their our wives!" The girls said "to bad" and speed off. Hilarious and what a compliment to us. The guys were walking with their chest pumped after that....I guess they still got it.


On the pregnancy front week 11 was okay. I am still getting a lot of headaches and am nauseous a lot, but hopefully this too will pass. I had my first dream about baby and I visited my own womb (pregnancy makes you have weird dreams) but it was really cool. I am so excited to meet Baby "G" when the time comes. I feel like I think about baby all the time, what will it be like? Who will it look like? How will we handle being parents? I need to just roll with the punches a little more because this is one of those things you can not imagine. My mom said she did a lot of the same things and that nothing she could have imagined would have come close to how great Cade and I were, thanks Mom!

No comments: