Monday, October 4, 2010

In the mean time


While I organize our Alaska pictures I will post a recap our lovely first weekend in October, priceless really!

I started it off with lunch with two of my dearest friends and favorite little Sawyer at the Cheesecake factory! Counting down the days for Kathryn, isn't she beaming and gorgeous!

 We then did a "toddler" makeover on Mason's room. After our Alaska visit I knew Mason was ready for a table and chair set and some other functional furniture in his room. So I went to a Firefly Furnishings http://www.fireflyfurnishings.com/ in Cherry Creek in search of a floor model. I bargained the owner down and got a $200.00 savings on this great table and two chairs.

We also took some time to appreciate this gorgeous state we live in. We headed up Golden Gate Canyon and stopped at their nature center to get a park pass. This bear has nothing on the Alaska grizzlies but fun all the same.

They have some seriously huge trout at this place, Matt was drooling wishing he could hook one.


Instead we used a quarter at the fish-food machine and let Mason feed them. He got quite a kick out of this.

A few photo oops.

Make my heart melt, will ya?

This is a little out of place it was suppose to start this section but I am feeling lazy and don't want to deal with blogger...so here it will stay.

We drove the loop from golden gate around to Black Hawk and the colors were still beaming in some sections.

I bet a week ago they would have been even more stunning, but I did get my fix in Alaska!

Saturday morning I hit up the Golden Farmer's market for its last weekend this season. I bought a lot of apples! After coring and pealing over 20 apples I made my first from scratch Apple pie. I also made applesauce which I hadn't done in a year because I use to make it for Mason a little to frequently. He ate it like he was meeting up with an old friend. But back to my pie, it was seriously great. I make pies a bit because my husband is a "pie guy not a cake guy" but his fruit of choice would be cherry. He complimented the baker immediately with the best compliment, "the crust is awesome." Thanks Grandma June, your pie crusts were always the best.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Wow, that pie looks delicious!!! I will be right over... I WISH... apple was my favorite fruit pie that Grandma June would make... YUM!
That is so funny that you just did a toddler make over in Mason's room, we just did the same for Kar! Can't wait to get these two together again!
LOVE YOU GUYS... can't wait to see the Alaska shots!


US