Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lots of little moments...

It has been a few weeks since we have updated our blog. A lot has happened in April so here is recap of a few things.

We had dinner with some great friends at a trendy mexican place called Tamayo a few weeks ago. We met after work for some cocktails and dinner and enjoyed the wonderful company of our dearest friends. Trisha and Kathryn are two of my closest girlfriends (met in college) and both were in my wedding. They are the type of girls you just know will be your life long friends and everytime you get to see them you leave with a smile. Luckily they married great gents that are charming, smart and funny. So when we all get together it is a nice time:)


A few weeks ago my grandma evelyn passed away from kidney failure. This is the second grandparent I have lost in less than 5 months but really for my mom both of her parents. I decided to fly to Texas to be with my mom and to pay our respects to a wonderful woman that raised 8 children and spent her life devoted to God. Her passing has made me reflect on how short life really is. I was talking to my mom about her feelings about her parents not being here on earth and she said "you know, you are never to old to feel orphaned." This really made me think about how much my parents mean to me and that I really need to relish in all the time we are able to spend together. My parents are the best and so much fun and I am excited that they are the grandparents Keegan has and Matt and my children will have.

The same weekend that I went to Texas was Angela's senior prom. I was so glad Matt was able to go up and see her and be part of the photos. She looked so beautitful as did all of her friends and their dates. She had a wonderful time. They did this event in style. All 14 of them loaded up in an escalade limo and headed to the Chop house for dinner and than to Invesco Field (where the broncos play). Most of the group went as friends so there was not first date or couple drama. What fun memories!


Well I am going to be better about posting and will make May a little more informative.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know how sorry I am to hear about your grandma passing! And want you to know you all are always in our thoughts and prayers. Life is short, but I am so glad to see that you are all enjoying it and living life to its fullest! Love you guys!

Kels

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, and I like the new format. You three ladies all look great...wish we could hang out with you guys more often! So sorry to hear about your Gram. I'm sure she will be missed...
Talk to you soon.