Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A positive change

Yes it is true, we are going to have a baby! I have told my boss so I figure I can post this on our blog. We found out a few weeks ago and though we were not "planning" this little addition for a few years we are really excited. I am 8 weeks and 3 days and have a due date of December 13th. Please think good thoughts that our baby arrives before Santa brings the gifts:)

I had my first real ultra sound today and all looks well. Its heartbeat was normal, 176 bpm. You really can not imagine or understand what your mom went through until you are walking in the pregnant lady shoes. It is such a miracle. Seeing that lil' peanut definitely made my heart race with joy.

Unfortunately, the past week has consisted of a lot of praying to the porcelain gods. I have not been able to keep much down but I know it will get better. I am staying active (walking my 3-4 miles a day) and still working full time. I plan to stay at work until December if baby allows me to do so and than take 3 months off. I like to plan further than that but this is one of those things you just have to jump on for the ride:)

So as many of our friends have done I will post photos of me and the "bump" as well as updates on little baby "G".

Love to all

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news!!! Chris and I are really excited for you two. Love you both, Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Yea! We are so happy for you both! I have been smiling ever since you told me. Ryan said to put him on the list for babysitting. Love Trisha

Kate and David said...

Congrats you two! We are all so excited for the new addition to the family. Can't wait to see you and the bump at the wedding, (you too Matt =)! Love you guys bunches!

The 4 Aguas! said...

Yipee!! We are all SO excited for you both! I know your Mom and Dad must be thrilled! I was sorry to hear about your grandma. Send love and kisses to the family. The "throwing up" thing WILL get better! Love Ya!
Tracy:0

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is very exciting news... have a blast in the months to come getting ready to be new parents!!! Hope the baby lets up on you with the morning sickness real soon Micah. Love ya!

Kelsie