Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Our generations

When you meet Larry Charles Farnan there are few things he will ALWAYS mention in conversation:
He was a machine gunner in WWII
He was Vice President of the IBEW- a union guy, a lifetime democrat.
He has two grandsons that graduated from Colorado School of Mines
Two successful sons
AND
One great grandson that owns his heart!

He mentions the women in his life as well but sometimes this generation falls into old habit of glorifying our guys...its okay because on many occasion he has mentioned how much he respects and loves all the women in our family.

I am sure all his buddies whom he has lunch with weekly get tired of hearing Mason stories but I know Grandpa glows when he gets to tell them.

I think it is really special that Mason has living great grandparents. I also think children can really benefit from being around our older generation. So for selfish and not so selfish reasons Mason and I picked up a Meals on Wheels route in Arvada. We have been doing it for about 6 months now. Mason is old enough  to help me deliver these meals to our seniors who are not as blessed to be surrounded by family. And of course these seniors adore Mason. I have debated mentioning this on my blog because by no means am I trying to glorify myself for doing volunteer work but I am keeping this blog as a journal of our lives and I want Mason to remember service to others....always.

Anyways, on those days we also get to spend a few hours with GG Larry and GG Bert. For me these are forever lasting memories of spending time with two people I truly adore and love and watching them love on Mason is priceless.
heading to the apple tree to pick up all the fallen apples.
Handing each one to Grandpa
This picture makes my heart melt
Our hearts are full of love for our Grandpa Larry!

1 comment:

Lee said...

Oh Grandpa Larry sounds like such a neat guy! So glad Mason gets to spend so much time with him!He is going to love to read this blog when he gets older.... good job Micah! Love you guys!

Us

p.s. oh ya, my blog is the Sierras... SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! =)