Thursday, January 20, 2011

Its freaking cold and Happy New Year

On the 30th temperatures began to drop and an Arctic front made a grand entrance.

Finally some white stuff but with it some seriously cold temperatures. We remained in the single digits with
-30 wind chills for most of the New Year's weekend. Its cold but I love it.
We spent New Years cuddled in with yummy food, beverage, and movies. What else do you need? Sometimes I try to remember our life before Mason and it seems so foreign. What did we do with all that time? 

 We were watching the news and all the Denverites that ventured out downtown for the fireworks and festivities in 5 degree weather, these cute young girls in their short skirts and heels. That use to be us, I mean Matt wasn't a cute young girl but he liked them. Anyways, I love that with age you are confident in just being happy with where you are at and I am perfectly happy spending New Years in yoga pants.  
Matt is always trying new beers and this one was Delicious.

working on our photography skills. 
I also ask myself frequently "Who is this kid?" Pant less with slippers in 5 degree weather is the way to bring in the New Year. 

He is such a riot which leads me to a recent story. We were walking in Golden along the creek and Mason is obsessed with sticks (most boys are) except he has a really hard time saying "S" so it is pronounce dicks. He would scream "Look Mommy Big Dick, oh Little Dick" as he collected one after another. People were looking at me so awkwardly. Hilarious!
We spent a lot of our time indoors playing with play dough, blocks, and perfecting our singing with this new karaoke machine my parents got him. My son loves to sing, something he gets from his dad:)

After a few days of playing inside we decided Cabin fever had officially set in so off we went.

Our park has a decent hill but as you can see this storm didn't bring as much snow as it did cold. We were just so eager to get out there it didn't matter.

Teaching Mason how to make snow angels.

Sledding buddies

We can not give thanks enough to God for a beautiful 2010 and we are looking forward to 2011 as well.

2 comments:

Ania said...

Hi Micah! I just found your blog via Abby's blog! Looks like everything is wonderful with you. Happy 2011!

Ania

Lee said...

Wow, Micah you have a really pretty voice!!!! Poor Kar is going to grow up tone def with my singing voice =/ Love to see all that snow!!!! Fun! Happy New Year to you all!!! We love you and can't wait to see you guys for Amy's graduation! =)