Tuesday, January 25, 2011

School...its a love/hate thing

We are in our third week of preschool and like the title says, its a love/hate relationship so far. He strongly dislikes his mother leaving him and he loves when she comes back for him. Luckily his teacher tells me he loves the in between as well.

The decision: Our beautiful caretaker Marilyn has been with Mason since he was 8 weeks old. I was blessed to find her and though I only needed her two days a week we built a friendship and a trust. As a first time mom and a mom period leaving your baby with anyone is seriously tough stuff but with time it got a little easier knowing what great hands my baby was in.

SO

In August Marilyn decided to go back to school with her daughter to pursue a dream she has always had and as her friend I knew supporting her was the only way it could be.

After researching and looking at local schools and talking to people the preschool at the corner of our street got the best reviews. Its safe and clean, the teachers are loving and strict, there is playtime, learning time, and nap time. There are other children and germs. BUT my only child is adjusting, making friends, learning to share, constantly sick, and learning to adjust to the two day schedule of preschool. As am I. I know how blessed we are to have this part time schedule and I know it is the right thing for Mason.

The best part of it all is when I come to pick him up at 2:00, he drops everything and runs full blast to me

"Mommy you came back!"

No comments: