Monday, January 10, 2011

So many pictures not enough blogging

Let's go back a few weeks so I can upload photos in chronological order. Otherwise Left brainers have a hard time staying true to themselves and I am trying to stay true to myself these days!
Sugar cookie making! A tradition with my mom that she does with each grandson (and hopefully someday a granddaughter) every Christmas. This year was Mason's turn, for two reasons. 1. He is the only grand kid in Colorado right now and 2. He is the only grand kid in Colorado right now:(

Look at my dad intently watching as though there might be a quiz later, really you just press the cutter in the dough...you can do it Dad! Oh ya I remember your job, eating the dough and the finished product. Love you big guy. PS I get my smartass attitude from you.

Sprinkles are quite cool and when you are two and a little OCD (sorry Mason runs in the genes) you have to place each sprinkle precisely on the cookie.

Then you offer one to Papa, take one for yourself, and then put one on your cookie. Mason decorated two cookies, it took 30 minutes.

He had a side cookie not being decorated so he could snack while he worked. Seriously efficient.

All that cookie making sure wipes you out.

Why are parents beds so comfortable? I still love my parents bed and I loved my grandparents bed too. Plus my mom always has a fun DVD for the kids on in this room so you can just cuddle in.

Cute pillows Mom, wonder who picked them out?

Oh ya and the best part about sugar cookie making at Grandma and Papa's is the favorite part of every time we go there....the PLAY DOUGH!

On another note, Mason started preschool today. That is about all I can muster out because I have been crying for the past few weeks about it. Its part-time, its close and its the right thing but for now I am seeking counseling because other moms tell me he will grow up one day and even go to college and perhaps get married. Is this true? Oh dear god what will I do? More on that later must do real work!

1 comment:

Lee said...

Oh my gosh... I can't even comment on the rest of the blog since I read the last part!!! He is already in PRE-SCHOOL!!! I wish I could be the mom who has said been there, done that, everything will be fine... but I can only say that just thinking about it makes me sad! Since everyone I know has made it through, I know it will be ok, but I am just going to say I LOVE YOU MICAH and HANG IN THERE!

KELS

p.s. I am excited to hear when you are pregnant with a little girl so we can have more June bugs running around! Can't get enough of those!!! =)