Friday, December 26, 2008

First Christmas and One month old (lots of pictures)

On the 23rd we headed west to my parents house for a couple nights before heading to Matt's parents. We enjoyed spending time with both families.

Grandma took care of Mason all night on the 23rd and I was able to get 7 hours of sleep. I woke up feeling like a human again. Thanks mom, that was the best Christmas present I could have asked for. For people who don't know my mom well she is a bundle of energy and the definition of multi-tasker. She had Keegan and Mason, made brownies, sugar cookies and Christmas eve dinner. Of course my dad is her handy assistant and we all pitch in but she really is the lead. She is amazing.

Hunter cut his foot on some ice so he had to wear one of grandpa's socks.


The beautiful tree.



Grandpa napping with Mason and Fisher (my dad loves my yellow lab, they have a weird bond and when our dogs are at G and G's they are allowed on the couch)





Grandma with her two grand babies




Aunt Emily, we are so excited for the next family member to join us in July. We are praying for Emily and Cade daily that they have a safe and healthy pregnancy.



Uncle Cade getting in on some loving from Mason Charles.



Mason umbilical cord took a while to fall off because of the stitches he had to get in the NICU but it finally did on Tuesday so we gave him his first real bath in Grandma's sink. He loved it.


My cutie pie nephew Keegan, he loves his chocolate milk.





Mason taking an afternoon nap!




We dressed Mason in his monkey suit and took a spin on my dad's Quad. I yelled at Matt the entire time that he was going to fast.


When we got back we made sugar cookies. Keegan was a great helper.



Grandma can't get enough of this guys cold cheekies and ears. Mason is not so sure about the mustache kisses but they started to grow on him.

I am looking a little rough but this was really cute. Keegan brought Mason all of his gifts. He is such a good cousin and I can't wait for them to be able to play.



Keegan in his "builder bob" attire




Smashed face


We headed north to Matt's family on Christmas morning. This is Matt's younger brother Nick and his girlfriend Angie. Nick and Angie live in Arizona and Nevada and they had not met Mason yet. Uncle Nick and Aunt Angie spoiled us by buying us a jogging stroller, we are so excited to use that gift. We miss them and love spending time with them when they are home.


GG just can't get enough of her great grand baby

Mason's oldest cousin, Luke and his aunt Theresa.
Matt's mom Nancy decorates their tree with different themes every year. This year it was blue for Mason. To cute! I am sorry I did not get more pictures at the Gilbreaths, I guess we were having to much fun that I forgot to catch all of the moments of film. If any of you want to share some of your pictures I would love that!
Thanks families for wonderful memories and all the wonderful gifts. Mason definitely scored and is going to be one of the best dressed kids on his block.
On the Mason front he is doing wonderful. The last two nights he has slept 5 hour stretches and skipped his 2 am feeding:) He does have a yeast infection on his bottom. Boys can get those too, who knew. It is caused from breast milk. We are treating it and it is getting better but made him uncomfortable, poor dude. I can not believe a month has gone by already. Love to all of our family and friends.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Oh I love Christmas time, and by the pictures it looks like you guys all did too! Micah you look awesome... you have a motherly glow about you... and I can see the happiness in your eyes! Love you ALL! MERRRY CHRISTMAS!

Love,
Kelsie

Kate and David said...

Merry Christmas Family! I love Mason in his comfy monkey suit and Keegan looks as mischievous as ever...Tell Emily and Cade we are so happy to hear they have another little one on the way! Give everyone our love and always in our prayers!