Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Breaking and Entering to escape the heat

I realized the second we drove up my parents driveway that I did not have my house key because we had Matt's car. They don't trust him enough to give him one of his own...just kidding! They would probably give him one before me:) We were suppose to make extras and we didn't. You always have the looming list of minor things that need to be done but somehow days and than months go by until WHAM! we should have done that....

Have no fear super Matt is here!
My parents are not the best about locking up their house (parents see how easy it would be for someone to come and steel your stuff!)
I never had the need to sneak out in high school but if I did I would have found a way back in. On a side note: I did plenty of mischievous things in high school but I was really good at not getting caught. So good luck Mason, your dad and I might be hard to trick.
We did get out of the triple digit heat but it was still quite toasty in the mountains...nothing a little sprinkler won't fix!
My parents were away on business so we had the place to ourselves but please let me note that I like it better when they are there for a few reasons:
1. They are fun to be around
2. They chase Mason around the woods
3. They cook yummy food and provide nice beverage
4. They chase Mason around the basketball court
5. They let Mason sleep upstairs in my old room and we sleep downstairs thus if he wakes up early they get him...a little sleeping in is a huge gift these days.
6. They chase Mason around!!!
So moral of the story is its usually a semi-vacation for us...I do realize I have some really Awesome parents but they tell me they just love being grandparents...OK I'll buy that.

Sunday we took a little 2 hour stay cation to Evergreen Lake
This little town is only 20 minutes from us and I love it!!!
We walked around the lake and into town to grab some dinner and ice-cream.
I wore sandals for some odd reason and I am paying for it with some serious blisters.

Mason is pretty good in the stroller but we had to let him burn off some steam. Have you ran down a hill recently? Its really fun...How about rolling down the hill? Also really fun but the best part is all the other park goers looking at you like you have lost your mind...hey people its called "active parenting" or me wishing I was still a kid.
I'll clap to that....it was a nice weekend!

No comments: