Wednesday, July 21, 2010

By sam he's got it! Beware of Bragging Mother...

Its hump day! Hope everyone is enjoying it...I am refering to Wednesday...sickos!!!

When you live in a sports obsessed household, milestones such as your little tyke throwing and catching the ball are a huge deal.
Angela do not kill me for posting this:)

When Ang was about 3, her older brothers decided it was time for her to learn to play ball for real. They would hit her grounders and pop flys for hours. If they hit her they would say "Wear it." This undoubtedly made her tough when it came to sports and it also made her one damn good softball player...really she was a hell of a short-stop and All conference many times.

So I know what is in store for Mason!

The Armstead's are fairly sports inclined so my genes are contributing a little but the Gilbreath's, it runs through their veins. Competitive is an understatement.

SO.....

When Matt began working on Mason's ball skills the second they tore him from my tummy, I was not suprised. OK I fib a little.



The throwing of the ball came natural (about 10 months) but the catching part has taken a while...but he did it! Three times in a row, so we are marking it official that July 19th 2010 Mason started his sports career.

I don't think you should push things on your kids just because you like them but really Mason loves balls, it was his first real word and it usually is the first thing he wants when he wakes up. Just wait until he realizes there are two with him at all times...come on if you know me you are not suprised I said that!

1 comment:

Lee said...

GO MASON... you are going to be following in your dad's footsteps before we know it! =)