Friday, July 16, 2010

Dreaming of the 4th....





Our fourth of July looked like this...foggy, rainy, and IN THE 50's! We cuddled in with movies, wine, and beef tenderloin...it was WONDERFUL! Well we didn't actually cuddle the beef tenderloin, we sat at the table to eat that. Anyways I digress...

We even did some living room camping while watching the Macy's fireworks in NY. Kids these days have it so good...we had to build our own living room tents with blankets and couch cushions. Man did I hate cleaning up the mess. Ok I digress again..

The rain was a nice treat and I am sure if I lived with it as the norm I would begin to achingly miss the Colorado sunshine.
BUT I will never miss this HEAT. It is melting me/us!!!


I keep chanting this mantra;


"You could live in Phoenix where its 115, quit being a baby its only 93"


and than I turn on the news to find out
the forecast for Denver tomorrow is 105...so much for that mantra.




So my new mantra is "heading to the hills....9,000-ft is where we will chill!"


I like to rhyme.

Keep hydrated. Keep your pets inside. And keep those elderly folks in your prayers who don't have air conditioning!
AND have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Lee said...

I love that you have been updating your blog so much lately Micah! I feel like we are there with you sort of =) Love the stormy weird weather you had to bring in your 4th!

Can't believe Colorado is reaching above 100! I will hopefully make you feel better by this... I work in Palm Desert and on Wednesday it was 118 degrees.... GROSS HUH?!?

Stay cool...Love you guys!!!

Kate and David said...

Send the rain this way and a couple thunder storms =)....looks like a fun 4th you had!!!!

Agreed that it's time for the stinkin' HOT weather to change!!!! Just in the 90's at least, I beg =)

Love you ALL and miss you guys!