Monday, July 26, 2010

Old friends, new friends, and first kiss

Its Monday! And I have a lot to do but I had to do a quick blog update because these pictures are just to cute.


We started our weekend off with a Friday lunch play date in Arvada at Megan and Sam's house.

Its hard to find a playgroup with kids around the same age as yours but blessings present themselves once again.

Last time my friend Ruthie was in town she suggested some moms for Mason and I to get together with...I have met up with one of the moms (Megan) in Golden recently. We totally hit it off and so did our boys! So when Megan asked if we would like to have lunch at her house because Ruthie was in town...we were all for it.

Megan set up such a wonderful lunch with lots of fun activities to keep the kiddos busy and I got to catch up with my beautiful friend Ruthie as well as get to know two new moms and their kiddos.

Ruthie wears motherhood well, she is always glowing! Jack just turned 1 and is quite the big dude...not surprising Ruthie and Mike are very tall. He is such a happy go lucky kid...love love love him!

This is Sam, Megan's lil' guy. He has all the wonderful curls and I love his shy lil' personality. He was a good sport about sharing his toys and his house with all these kiddos.


And the only girl, Chloe. She held her own quite well with these boys BUT she did not resist my lil' man's kisses!

Mason loves to give kisses. It might be my fault, when he is being rough I tell him to give hugs and kisses....now he just gives kisses.



I see him out on our deck kissing his toys, our dogs, his blankie...ah my lil' lover man melts a momma's heart.

Chloe will become a big sister to twin girls in October! Her parents both went to Mines and her mother is french. Chloe speaks both French and English...these are the kind of girls we are looking for:) When Sophie (Chloe's mom) called her husband to tell him his daughter got her first kiss I am not sure he was as excited. I told her my son is a respectable boy, I promise:)


This age is SO fun! I just love all these little moments that I try to gobble up on a daily basis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These photos are so great! Mason even has his eyes closed in anticipation of the kiss! Adorable! -Kathryn

Kate and David said...

Catching up with friends and babies looks like fun! LOVE the shot of Mason and his first kiss....he seemed very gentlemen about it =) such a ladies man! David and I are loving the golden locks on Mason boy too!!!!

Love you guys bunches!

Lee said...

Oh my goodness Mason... you just keep getting cuter and cuter! I love it!

I will for sure let Amy know that you said congratulations =)

Ya it is funny that we both married such shy men! And you completely made sense in your post =)

We need to get together again soon... I miss all you guys too much!

Kels